Monday, September 11, 2006

day 18

So I didn't make it to the gym on Saturday, mostly because I was tempted by one of my favorite bands, Slim Cessna's Auto Club to stay up a bit later than usual, resulting in my sleeping in later than I planned.

However I pushed myself really far on Sunday. I ran the 5k for the inaugural AIDS run. I did alright for the first mile, and ran it in just over 11 minutes, but after that I wogged a lot of the remaining two miles. I'm just pretty darn proud that I made it to the finish line- and wasn't last!

The rest of the day was packed (baby shower, burlesque lecture, practice) and all I wanted to do is lay down for a nap throughout the busy day. I did get to sleep fairly early and after a good night's rest, my legs are pretty tight this morning, but I'm feeling pretty good.

That said, I am really, really glad today is a rest day!

In other news, I've lost 5 pounds! I noticed in New York that my costumes were fitting better, or were a little loose. It's amazing what just getting off my bum a few times a week will do! I have luckily got my dad's super swift metabolism, so even a bit of activity really kickstarts it.

My challenge today is to give up my top 2 food vices. I'm kind of stumped. I eat pretty healthy, even when I go out. I guess giving up dairy for a little while wouldn't hurt. I gave up milk (except in the occasional coffee or tea), but I've been indulging in a lot of cheese lately. So dairy will go and......umm.....I guess sugar? I've been really good, though I do sometimes catch myself putting a spoonful in my tea. So dairy and sugar go....as soon as I finish my mac'n'cheese lunch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home