Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Wrapping my brain around those wacky calories (day 7)

Writing the above title I was reminded that bacon was a big feature at the party I attended last night. Especially bacon wrapped shrimp, which even when unwrapped, makes the shrimp taste like bacon. Yuck.

Anyhow....I signed up for this cool calorie counter site that has a super easy formula for inputting all the stuff you eat in a day and telling you how many calories you consumed.

I found out I have a healthy BMI: Based upon your current Body Mass Index (BMI) of 22.1, you are currently classed as at a healthy weight.

I think I mostly want to trade flab for muscle and stay around the same weight. Today my calorie intake (I already know what I'm having for dinner, so I counted that too) will be 1,236, far less than the recommended 1700 for my weight and lifestyle (which is mostly sedentary, sitting in front of a computer).

However yesterday I had Indian food for lunch, yogurt and granola for breakfast and then, as I mentioned, I grazed in 'baconland' last night- a 'meal' that included:
6 quarter sized mini sandwiches
a few french fries
a mini plate of mac'n'cheese
2 de-baconed deep fried shrimp on a stick
a de-baconed bbq shrimp
most of a chocolate cup filled with green tea mousse
4-5 creme filled chocolates
a tiny raspberry tart
a chocolate mousse shooter
a spoonful of pistachio creme brulee
ceviche
rice pilaf
a grapefruit vodka drink
a chai bubble tea

They were all small portions (except for the chocolates), but jeez, that totally busted my caloric intake for the day.

My weakness is free food. I feel like I HAVE to eat it. It's a necessary thing- food, sustenance, that I'm getting for FREE! Free clothes, free books, free things are great, but free food is the absolute best. And I can't control myself.

I'm going to keep up my 'calorie diary' at www.calorie-count.com and try and break some of my bad habits and crazy episodes of stuffing my face when money is no object.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home