Wednesday, August 30, 2006

No Pain, No Gain!! (day 15)

Last night at the gym my new pal, super helpful guy and unofficial trainer, Jean (there's some kind of city ordinance banning trainers from city gyms), helped me figure out a good workout pattern with the machines and suggested something that seems totally brilliant to me: When you're starting out, rather than working your whole body at once and putting your whole self into a world of pain- only work one half.

So last night I worked my arms and my abdominals. Though I can definitely feel it every time I lift my arms, I'm not crying like I would be if I had a full body of soreness! Tomorrow night I'll be working my legs and again Jean said he'd help me out. Though he warned that he'll be putting me through a workout that I'll be feeling for a few days after. I told him I'm ready for it! No pain, no gain!!

A few weeks ago I decided to sign up for the Colorado AIDS Run. I did the walk with my lady friends from LUPEC last year and with a little inspiration from my superwoman-like friend J-nine I decided to kick it up a notch. My challenge today is to sign up for an athletic event (done!) and work on a goal. My goal is to just finish the race. It's only a 5K, but 3 miles is still seeming like a lot.

If you want to make a donation and support me and my LUPEC team- my donation page is here!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this story of person about the how he worked in the gym & ready to do whatever exercise which his trainer said. The person is ready to feel pain also for his work. The person is challenging & tries to do what he is thinking. This is an important for an person to live in world with confidence.


fitness

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the pleasure to visiting your site. Its informative and helpful, you may want to read about obesity and overweight health problems, losing weight, calories and "How You Can Lower Your Health Risks" at phentermine fastin adipex ionamin meridia Phentermine 37.5mg site.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home