Sunday, August 20, 2006

Running (day 4 & 5)

The run yesterday was actually really lovely. I woke up late, but it was still cool and a little rainy. Perfect weather for a run! I took my pulse just after I started, and my heart rate was a little over my target heart rate, and when I took it again at the end it was really close to my maximum heart rate. It seems a little high, and according to the training zones listed on this page it is. Next time I'm going to add a little more walking between sprints to try and stay in the aerobic/anaerobic zone.

Today I'm starting a sort of diary of my health that I'll record each day at the end of my entry. I'll write down what I ate, what kind of exercise I did and how I felt that day. So I'll update this entry at the end of the day!

Update:
I had a breakfast bar, a cup of tea with milk and splenda, leftover Thai food and I made grilled eggplant parmesan (on the BBQ) with spaghetti and salad for dinner. Delish!

I also rehearsed the Tahitian number for our upcoming show, and that was quite a workout. You have to keep your hips going the whole dance- fast, then slow then fast again! I'm still feeling it a bit in my thighs and waist.

I did some major grocery shopping this afternoon and planned out a few meals. I'm really glad I did that. Tonight, cooking for myself and a couple of friends felt really great. I feel so much more connected to the process of eating, when I make good, healthy meals for myself instead of throwing things together or eating out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home