Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fitting in Fitness

TV is my weakness. I can sit down at 5 p.m. with The Simpsons and stay firmly planted on the couch until Letterman says, "Goodnight". I haven't even had cable in years, but I would still watch the thing, poor reception fuzz and all.

So I got rid of it.

That was back in April and I thought it would be a life-changing move. I expected that I'd suddenly find myself with lots more time, conquering projects that have lain untouched for years. I believed that I'd fill at least some of that time with exercise. But even though I felt like it was my biggest time eater that didn't happen. I seemed to just fill that time by further over-committing my self.

Even though Michelle Theall says in her introduction not to skip ahead, I'm unfortunately one of those people who can't wait. I want to open my presents as soon as I see them under the tree. I wanted to read all the books as soon as I bought them from the campus bookstore. So I peeked at the first day and I know that my first assignment is to write down what I did the day before and analyze where I could have squeezed in a bit of fitness.

Because every day is different for me, I'm going to start that challenge now. At the end of each day I'll look at the day past and try and see where fitness could have fit. I need that head start!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home