Friday, August 18, 2006

Whoops. (day 3)

So when I was looking at my daily schedule, searching for time to fit in fitness, I kind of forgot about this little thing I have that often takes up my time, makes me stay out too late and then sleep in. My social life.

Last night I performed in a weekly variety show at Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret. A couple of friends came out, the audience was terrific, I was having a great time, and before I knew it, I had a couple of drinks in me and it was 11 pm. And I had promised myself to get up and jog at 5 am.

I did set my alarm as I slipped into bed at midnight, hoping I could somehow still make it up for the run. Predictably, as my clock began to beep, I hit the off button, rolled over, and didn't wake up again until my cats' insistent meowing for breakfast forced me out of bed around 6:15 am.

Now I'm hoping that it doesn't rain too hard this afternoon so I can try again for the run after work.

However, if it does pour, I've got a backup plan. Another choice on the list from the book is 'aerobics/dance' and I have some seriously great, fast paced 1960's music that I can definitely rock out to for an hour and really get my heart rate up.

Either way I think I can still accomplish today's challenge.....I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home